Monday, 14 November 2016

Christmas cards season -and MISTI

   Sorry I haven't posted for a while - been busy but doing what I have no idea ! I have finally started to make the Christmas cards - yippee - Been the usual hit and miss collection - but I have to say THANK GOD FOR MISTI - doesn't it make life SOOOOO much easier when doing multiple cards and/or colouring stamps and re stamping, If you don't have one  ask Santa  - its a must have thing.......
    Anyway back to the plot - Christmas cards I will try and post a couple over the next few days - here's the first - please comment good or bad - I read them all and more importantly I love advice-What do you think ?
Christmas Bauble
I die cut the tag - then marked off and stamped the homestead - using the mask (post it note ripped ) i made a snow bank /horizon-then using a dried out baby wipe - blended the sinking sun ,then stamped the trees - I used some watered down DI to make some shadows .Then on the base card I stamped the branch in DI then coloured the cones on the stamp with a couple of distress markers - It didnt seem to "pop"  so I then stamped again with versamark and clear embossed .All this branch stamping was done using the amazing misti - yip yip yip


I have finally leant how to post a photo on Splitcoaststampers - and my first card on there was the HouseMouse Christmas baubles - and I made it on to Fav Cards on the week - feeling so chuffed !
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2763038

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just stunning! You've created a really beautiful snow scene - I love it!

    And yeah, I really want a Misti! I am a bit of a messy stamper, so it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cannot recommend enough - not cheap so definitely worth asking Santa

      Delete