Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Watercoloured Butterflies

Evening everyone - I saw this technique highlighted in the Craft Stamper magazine - by Georgie Connelly  this is a link to her blog below
www.littlebluecraftbox.blogspot.co.uk
I loved the article and thought I'd have a go - except I didn't have a large stencil so a few trials (and errors-who moi ! ) occurred , I taped down the stencil onto watercoloured paper and lightly (one at a time) put some water within the butterfly stencil and then added some brusho powder and moved it around within the wet butterfly - so to speak .I did this to each butterfly in turn - you get a sort of smudged look- I quite liked the effect but felt it needed something more so I used a script background stamp ( second generation stamping ) Distressed the background edges mostly trying to avoid the butterflies.The top right corner looked bare so I just stencilled some more, then added Tonic Nuvo Drops -and some shimmer gold spray ,mounted the watercoloured paper and then stamped the birthday greeting .Voila
It was great fun and will look out for a slightly larger image stencil and then a more CAS style card - as in the original article.

As to the trials and tribulations of the kitchen - it is progressing slowly - now have no cooking abilities apart form a microwave and gas bbq - which is great when the weather is nice but no fun when cold and wet like today ( a staggering 14 deg C today - summer seems to have left NE Scotland at the moment)The builder reassures me that it will be worth it in the end - as I have yet another melt down about the dust and mess - lol Photos will follow I promise

on a brighter note - I took these photo's of some flowers - I loved the contrast colours - and needed to remind myself it is summer still :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love that technique. Hope the weather improves. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many cards since I last looked! I love the style of this card, so soft and dreamy! I need to try that technique...

    ReplyDelete