Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Thistles

     I had to make a load of thank you cards for our youngest son ,who had been hitchhiking and couch surfing in Netherlands and Belgium sooooo I thought they ought to have a Scottish theme (not that we are Scottish but we do live on the east coast of Scotland and very beautiful it is too )
    I bought this stamp soooo long ago but could never get it to look right - if you know what I mean.But with all the new techniques around - I had a light bulb moment - I inked it up with distress Inks and then lightly sprayed it with water and was delighted with the look .I then matted the thistle -very simple and very easy to repeat - I used wilted violet and shabby shutters DI

1 comment:

  1. That works so well! I need more distress inks... think I have a few old stamps this would work really well with. I'm going to shamelessly copy you...

    ReplyDelete