Thursday, 30 June 2016

Poppies

      this is a card for my best friend whose birthday is the same day as my husband ,I thought I would try a new technique seen on youtube by Eileen Goodwin

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyuxQzOaFWI&feature=share

      It was also the first time I have used the poppy stamp by Altenew - I used distress inks for the poppy and sprayed lightly with water - before stamping  .I then stamped an extra flower and fussy cut it ( I must get the die ! ) and popped it up with foam tape.To be honest I had a few problems with the leaf so I stamped and cut the butterfly and placed over the bit I didnt like (lol ) - then sprayed from a distance with shimmer spray -gold .which looks lovely on the card but doesnt show up well on a photo :(

Off to Wimbledon this weekend - My hubbie got tickets in the club ballot for centre court - yip yip 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Enjoy yourself at the tennis. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - tennis was wonderful - we were on centre court - so almost no stoppages !

      Delete